1. Registered Agent
A Registered Agent acts as the liaison between the company and the state in which it is incorporated. Registered Agents are responsible for receiving and forwarding service of process and correspondence such as franchise tax notices, from the state in which they’re registered to the client.
The Delaware Code states that “every Corporation shall have and maintain in Delaware a Registered Agent,” per section 132(a) of the Delaware General Corporation Law and section 18-104 of the Delaware LLC Act.
2. Payment of Franchise Tax and Annual Report
All corporations incorporated in the State of Delaware are required to file an Annual Report and to pay a franchise tax. Exempt Domestic Corporations do not pay a tax but must file an Annual Report.
- Due Date – 1St March every year
- Amount –
- Annual Report fee for exempt domestic Corporations – $ 25.
- Annual Report fee for non-exempt domestic Corporations – $ 50.
- The minimum tax for Corporations using the Authorized Shares method – is $ 175.
- The minimum tax for Corporations using the Assumed Par Value Capital Method -is $ 400
Taxpayers owing $5,000.00 or more pay estimated taxes in quarterly instalments with 40% due June 1, 20% due by September 1, 20% due by December 1, and the remainder due March 1.
Failure to submit a finished Annual Report by March 1st will result in a $200 fine plus interest on any unpaid tax debt at a rate of 1.5% per month.
Creation of an offshore company in Delaware
Delaware Corporation Formation Delaware Limited Liability Company (LLC) (C-Corp or S-Corp)
– The franchise tax compares favourably to other states in the US and US corporations are among the most recognised business structures in the world.
– The US company’s shares, stockholders, directors, and capitalization are all flexible
– Exempt Delaware, USA, as a requirement for a major place of business.
– Have no residency requirements for Delaware business directors, executives, or stockholders.
Four simple steps to register a Delaware corporation
A free US corporate name search can be requested. It evaluates the name’s suitability and, if necessary, offers suggestions.
Fill up the names of the directors and shareholders for the Delaware, US company establishment by logging in or registering. Add the shipping address, business address, or special request (if any).
Select a payment option (Wire transfers, PayPal, and credit/debit cards are all acceptable).
All necessary documentation, including your incorporation certificate, business registration documents, association bylaws, and more, will be provided to you in digital form. Then, your recently incorporated company in Delaware, USA, is ready to do business!
You can use the company package of paperwork to open a corporate bank account, or we can assist you using our extensive banking support service knowledge.